Their vision is to lead transient people to find their lasting purpose in Christ. Having grown up as missionary kids, Loren and Alaina are very familiar with individuals living outside their home culture. It is their desire to see International, whether refugee, diplomat, business person or tourist, all find the eternal home in Christ.
Their mission is to serve and multiply English-speaking International Churches that serve the populations of moving people in global cities around the world. This will include developing mission strategy to make disciples of Jesus that plant more International Churches both within Rome and beyond Italy. Pray for the Hollands as they face the unique challenges of discipling the ever transient nations at Rome International Church.
Current prayer request: For wisdom from God for Loren as head pastor of such a diverse transient community. For Alaina to speak truth from the Bible to those she gets to disciple (mainly new believers!). There are less than 2% believers living in Rome, and it is very spiritually dark here. Pray for more workers (either from Europe or elsewhere) to come church plant in Southern Europe.
Our hearts were first burdened for Taiwan as we were here separately on short term mission trips almost ten years ago. We met while teaching English and Bible through a Word of Life program called the School of Youth Ministries in English (SYME). After returning to the States to get married and prepare for ministry, we moved back permanently in 2015.
In Taiwan, ancestor worship is regularly practiced alongside Buddhism and Daoism, and most people live in fear. Kaohsiung City alone has 1,481 temples. Although in recent years there has been a rise in Christianity, the percentage of believers in Taiwan still stands below 5%. Our hearts ache for the remaining 95% still without the hope of the Gospel. Our mission in Taiwan is to reach the lost and to teach and disciple young believers through Bible study and leadership training so that they may in turn effectively reach their own people for Christ.
After spending the first few years in Taiwan focusing on relationship building and language study, we are currently focusing on building up the already existing local churches in the areas of Bible studies, ministry training, and children's camp ministry. We believe the best way to evangelize and disciple in Taiwan is through giving young believers a deeper understanding of God's Word and by giving church leaders effective ministry tools.
We came to Mexico with the burden to reach unreached people with the gospel of Jesus. We do this by first, focusing on planting churches where there are no Bible preaching churches. Second, we focus on house to house discussions with families about the gospel of Jesus to reach every family in each town. Third, we mentor leaders in these planted churches to see the churches become self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating.
God has been very gracious to us as a family on the mission field. All four of our kids were born on the mission field and enjoy being multicultural. The Lord has allowed two churches to be planted and two more works are in the beginning stages.
Radical exists to serve the church for the cause of Christ - to glorify God by making disciples and multiplying churches among all the nations.
Through our strategic partnership with their Urgent ministry, we are able to help mobilize the gospel into difficult to reach portions of the world such as Afghanistan, India, Laos, and Somalia.